We’re in the home office today, talking with TACA National Program Director, Jackie Moore.
Jackie will be sharing her experience as an autism mom, in addition to how TACA (The Autism Community In Action) helps support parents on their autism journey.
In this episode you will discover:
- How Jackie turned her fear for her daughter’s future into hope with a t-shirt and a specific job skill.
- How TACA supports parents all over the United States.
- How you can gain support from a TACA chapter in your area.
- Info about the upcoming TACA East Coast conference.
- How you can best navigate a new diagnosis of autism.
- How the balance of neurodiversity, acceptance, and addressing the medical issues of autism can provide the best outcome for your child.
Mentioned on the podcast:
Join the conversation in our private Facebook group: Our Autism Blueprint Private Facebook Page
The TACA East Coast Conference: https://tacanow.org/conference/east-coast/
TACA Website, where you can find a local chapter: https://tacanow.org/
To see or purchase one of her daughter’s “Be Kind To Everyone” Shirts: Jordyn’s Summer Shirt Project
Meet Jackie Moore
Jackie Moore is the National Program Director for TACA – The Autism Community in Action and a volunteer coordinator for the TACA Georgia Chapter. She has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Rehabilitation Psychology from the University of Central Missouri. She lives in Atlanta, Georgia with her husband Ben, daughter Jordyn and son Hudson. Jordyn is 18 and has autism.