We’re in the library today speaking with Dr. Reema Naim about the sensory system and how it impacts your child. Dr. Naim’s book series, Adventures of the Sensokids, help kids understand their sensory needs and how to regulate it.
In this episode you will discover:
- Why Dr. Naim became an occupational therapist and how she uses her own superpower to teach kids about their’s.
- The inspiration for the book series and her goal for creating it.
- What she wants professionals to know about kids with sensory needs.
- Learn about your SEVEN senses you may not even know you have.
- How your child’s sensory system affects their behavior, their moods and even their school work.
Meet Dr. Reema Naim, OTD, OTR/L
Dr. Reema Naim moved to the US from the UK and attended USC where she pursued a career in health care and pediatrics. She graduated with her MA, OTR/L and OTD and started her own private practice, OT Studios, in West Hollywood, California. She received her SIPT (Sensory integration and praxis test) certification and created the SensoKids characters, whom she uses to educate clients, families and students about sensory integration and the major role it plays in daily life.
Mentioned on the podcast:
- Join the conversation in our private Facebook group: Our Autism Blueprint Private Facebook Page
- Get more autism parenting support at the Autism Blueprint Classroom. Use coupon code PODCAST21 to get 20% off
- Check out Dr. Reema’s OT Studio
- Connect with her on social media:
- Find the Adventures of the Sensokids here, or click the amazon links below: