We’re in the music room today with renowned child advocate and musician, Raffi! Not only is he a gifted musician, songwriter, producer and child advocate that you may remember from your own childhood, he’s helping to educate the world about the importance of honoring our children and how this concept can make our world a more peaceful place.
In this episode you will discover:
- Why Raffi is so important to Janeen and her family- especially her son, Ben.
- How your child’s special interests can be an effective way to connect with your child.
- Raffi’s vision for making the world a better place and why he created the Raffi Foundation For Child Honouring
- What Child Honoring is and how we can implement the concepts into your own parenting journey.
- What’s conscious parenting and why it’s an important concept for autism parents.
- How to view your child as a whole person, despite their struggles and disability.
- How a trauma-informed perspective can make our world a better place.
Raffi Cavoukian, CM, OBC
A renowned singer known by his first name alone, Raffi was a pioneer in quality recordings for children on his independent label, Troubadour. For millions of fans, Raffi’s music was the soundtrack of their childhoods, and they took his signature song “Baby Beluga” to heart. These “beluga grads” now share his music with their own children. Raffi has been described by the Washington Post and the Toronto Star as “the most popular children’s entertainer in the English-speaking world” and “Canada’s all-time children’s champion.” In 2010, he founded the Raffi Foundation for Child Honouring on Salt Spring Island, British Columbia – a global movement that views honouring children as the best way to create sustainable, peacemaking cultures.
Mentioned on the podcast:
- Raffi’s Foundation for Child Honouring – https://raffifoundation.org
- Child Honouring online course – https://raffifoundation.org/take-the-course/
- For All You Do – Raffi’s song of gratitude for essential workers, with Lindsay Munroe, featuring Yo-Yo Ma –
- Black Lives Matter To Me – Raffi’s song acknowledging the importance of the current moment for education and awareness, and expressing a universal longing for justice and freedom.
- In early 2020, Raffi produced and sang on the first album by new children’s artist, Lindsay Munroe, called I Am Kind: Songs for Unique Kids.
- In August 2021 Lindsay released her second album, Frogs and Birds, which Raffi also produced and sang on.
- Here’s the Frogs and Birds puppet video (Lindsay Munroe duet with her Daughter, Mem)
- Raffi’s recent single and video, “Song For Healing”