We’re on the back porch today talking about the lessons learned from raising a child with autism. Janeen shares her personal eight things she has learned about herself as a result of being an autism parents and professional.
In this episode you will discover:
- 8 Things Autism Has Taught Me About Myself
- 1. Vulnerability breeds connection
- 2. What you focus on becomes bigger
- 3. Certainty is a poor defense against anxiety
- 4. It is possible to love with your whole heart an d not get much in return.
- 5. Perfectionism is overrated
- 6. It’s not selfish to put your own needs first.
- 7. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness; Its’ actually a sign of strength.