We’re in the therapy room today talking about how counseling can help you and your child with autism. So often parents are sent on their way after receiving a diagnosis without much information to go on. Typically OT, PT, speech and behavioral therapies are the norm. But there is even more help in seeking a licensed mental health clinician to help with your journey. Janeen covers many of the ways counseling can help your child and your family.
In this episode you will discover:
- The main areas in your child’s life that may be overlooked.
- 6 ways counseling can help your child with autism.
- The link between trauma therapy and autism.
- Where Janeen will be speaking live in October.
Mentioned on the podcast:
Join the conversation in our private Facebook group: Our Autism Blueprint Private Facebook Page
The Annual TACA Conference where Janeen will be speaking.
Our back-to-school episode: Ep. #25 School Start Strategies
Previous podcast episodes mentioned:
Notes: 6 Ways Counseling Can Help
- Emotional regulation
- Organization & planning
- Social Skills
- Family Dynamics & relationships
- For YOU; self-care, grief
Listen to this episode: