We’re on the therapist’s couch today talking about setting better boundaries. We usually associate boundary-setting with improving behavior in our kids, but in this episode we will be talking about improving your own personal boundaries as a parent or professional. In this episode Janeen shares her own personal boundary learning curve as well as tips for you to create your own personal boundaries and improve your relationships with everyone in your life.
In this episode you will discover:
- What a personal boundaries are and why they are important.
- How autism parents can benefit from improved boundaries.
- Other “nice” ways to say “No.”
- Handling unsolicited advice.
- How to recognize when your boundaries have been crossed.
- How to take some of the parenting pressure off by setting better boundaries.
- Things you can do TODAY to start establishing healthier boundaries.
Mentioned on the podcast:
How to leave an iTunes/Apple Podcast review from your phone. (From Mike Murphy’s YouTube Channel.)
Join the conversation in our private Facebook group: Our Autism Blueprint Private Facebook Page
The Annual TACA Conference where Janeen will be speaking.