We’re in the office, on the therapist’s couch today, talking with Disabilities Counselor, Rose Reif.
Among the many therapies for our children, we often forget that counseling benefits the entire family. In today’s conversation with Rose Reif, we will cover a multitude of topics that include self-care, time management and the benefits of online therapy.
In this episode you will discover:
- How to respond when people say mean things to your kid.
- A technique you can use to help manage your time.
- Why it’s important to find a counselor who “gets it.”
- What areas most parents need the most help.
- Why online therapy may be a better fit for people with ASD and their families.
Mentioned on the podcast:
Join the conversation in our private Facebook group: Our Autism Blueprint Private Facebook Page
Meet Rose Reif, MS, LPCA, CRC, BC-TMH
Links Rose mentioned in the episode:
- Time management tool: Eisenhower boxes
- And here’s a video on Facebook where I go through how to do one.
- Finding a mental health therapist for your child who has special needs (the post that led me to start offering online therapy)
- Tips for creating a parents support group (in which I refer to locus of control)