Today on the podcast we’ll be in the therapy room discussing what our children with autism understand, and how affects someone when you presume their competence.
In this episode you will discover:
- What it means to presume someone’s competence.
- How people with autism can benefit from the presumed-competence model.
- The dangers of making assumptions about people with autism.
- Tips for using this method with your child or student.
Mentioned on the podcast:
- Apple commercial “Dillion’s Voice”
- Marilyn Chadwick‘s site: The Body Speaks
- Ben’s Doc: Julie Buckley, MD @ Pediatric Partners of Ponte Vedra