We’re in the classroom today talking about the stress parents feel this time of year as their children start school. This is particularly true of autism parents. Host, Janeen Herskovitz shares five tips that might make this transition more peaceful.
In this episode you will discover:
- What other parents have to say about this time of year.
- How your attitude affects your child.
- How to establish a positive connection with your child’s teacher.
- How you can get more help, if you need it, through our Back-To-School Mastermind Group.
Mentioned on the podcast:
Join the conversation in our private Facebook group: Our Autism Blueprint Private Facebook Page
Autism Blueprint Mastermind Group: Online support for autism parents.
Ceil Shanahan’s School Start Episode #25
Our Back-To-School Strategies Cheat Sheet from episode 25
Five Parent Tips For A Peaceful School Year:
- Manage Your obsessive thinking with mindfulness, gratitude and keeping busy.
- Put yourself in the teacher’s shoes.
- Your child is doing the best they can…always!
- Know the difference between hurt and harm, and allow your child to experience disappointment.
- Be realistic, not perfectionistic.