We’re in the therapist’s office today chatting with Marriage and Family Therapist, Katherine Scott, about how to help our kids with COVID fatigue.
We’re a little over six months into the COVID experience, and while it’s had varying impacts on everyone, I think we can all agree we’re SO over it. Katherine and I talk about how to manage the stress and emotional toll it’s taking on our families.
In this episode you will discover:
- The issues coming up in our therapy office as a result of COVID-19.
- How to help your kids adjust to change and uncertainty.
- How COVID is affecting autism spectrum families.
- The importance of managing your emotional response, as a parent, and how to do it more effectively.
Meet Katherine Scott, M.Ed/Ed.S, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Katherine Scott earned her Bachelor’s degree in Psychology with a minor in Family, Youth, and Community sciences, and a Masters and Specialist degrees in Marriage and Family Counseling from the University of Florida. She is a certified equine-assisted psychotherapist through the EAGALA model, and is also a level 1 certified Gottman Method Couples Therapy clinician.
She works primarily with kids, teens and families dealing with autism spectrum issues, anxiety, ADHD at Puzzle Peace Counseling in Ponte Vedra, Florida, where she also grew up, and currently lives with her husband.
Mentioned on the podcast:
- Join the conversation in our private Facebook group: Our Autism Blueprint Private Facebook Page
- Click here to learn more about Katherine and how she helps families.
- Episode 50, with Katherine, Psychotherapists’ Perspective on Autism Awareness Month