We’re in the family room today with host Janeen Herskovitz, talking about the areas where autism parents get stuck. In her private practice, where Janeen provides therapy and autism parent coaching, parents often have the most difficulties in these areas.
In this episode you will discover:
- The most common areas where parents of neuro-diverse children have the most difficulty.
- Why every moment does not need to be a teachable one.
- How managing your own emotional state can help your child with theirs.
- How to re-frame your child’s regressions as part of the journey.
10 Common areas autism parents get stuck
- Not explaining transitions to your child BEFORE they happen.
- Assuming that a proper diagnosis is not needed.
- Trying to make every interaction a teachable moment.
- Overloading your child with therapies/activities: You are doing enough!
- Not having a full understanding of your child’s issues/disabilities.
- Learning to manage your own emotions.
- Viewing your child’s off days as regression.
- Putting your own needs last/not taking enough downtime, self care.
- Translating your child’s expression of big feelings.
- Lack of personal boundaries.
Mentioned on the podcast:
- Join the conversation in our private Facebook group: Our Autism Blueprint Private Facebook Page
- Learn more about Autism Blueprint Podcast’s Host, Janeen Herskovitz.
- If you’d like to schedule one-on-one coaching sessions with Janeen, contact her here.
- Additional episodes that might help: