We’re in the therapy room today speaking with Dr. Susan Sherkow of The Sherkow Center. In this episode we talk about making meaningful connections with your child and how to best understand their needs.
In this episode you will discover:
- Dr. Sherkow’s autism journey as a professional and how she has seen this landscape change over many years.
- The Sherkow Center approach and what they offer autism families.
- The mistakes she sees parents make with their children.
- How you can connect with your child in meaningful ways, despite their level of functioning.
Meet Dr. Susan P. Sherkow
Susan P. Sherkow, M.D. is a Training and Supervising Analyst at BPI, a Supervising Child and Adolescent Analyst at NYPSI, and on the faculties of Mt. Sinai and Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Founder of the not-for- profit Sherkow Center for Child Development and Autism Spectrum Disorder, she has presented and published extensively on the application of psychoanalytic developmental theory to the treatment of children, adolescents and adults with ASD, including a TEDx Talk and co-authorship of Autism Spectrum Disorder: Perspectives from Psychoanalysis and Neuroscience.
Mentioned on the podcast:
- Join the conversation in our private Facebook group: Our Autism Blueprint Private Facebook Page
- See Dr. Sherkow’s TEDx Talk here
- Learn more about The Sherkow Center
- Sherkow Center’s YouTube Page