We’re in your child’s bedroom room today talking about keeping your child safe from wandering and elopement. My guest today is Krista Teare, co-founder of the DECCO Toddler Monitor company. We will be chatting about ways to keep your child safe.
In this episode you will discover:
- What wandering and elopement is and how to prevent it.
- How one mom-entrepreneur turned a scary experience into a product to help other families.
- Tips for keeping your child safe at home.
Mentioned on the podcast:
Join the conversation: Our Autism Blueprint Private Facebook Page
Here is the Mashable video Krista mentions: https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=mashable%20toddler%20monitor
Wandering tips from the NAA: http://nationalautismassociation.org/wandering-quick-tips/
For more info about the DECCO Toddler Monitor: https://www.toddlermonitor.com/
To pre-order a DECCO monitor:
Meet today’s guest, Krista Teare:
Krista and her business partner Lisa, are moms and management consultants, turned entrepreneurs.
When their toddlers moved from cribs to “big boy beds”, they experienced some interesting and frightening situations that warranted a creative solution.
As they discussed their challenges, they quickly learned two things:
1. Toddlers wandering undetected, especially at night, is a huge problem that causes frustration and stress for many parents.
2. There are no products in the market that reliably solve this problem, causing parents to worry or take drastic measures such as locking their child into their room to keep them safe.
They decided to solve this problem so that parents can have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that their toddlers, and children with special needs are in bed, safe and sound. And so, a new category of child safety products was born.
About the DECCO Monitor:
Toddler Monitor (www.toddlermonitor.com) is the first of its kind, a Bluetooth-enabled motion sensor that hangs on the doorknob to your child’s room. When it senses the door open, it sends an alert to a smartphone app. Simple as that, you know your kid’s on the move!
Partnership with Changingthefaceofbeauty.org