Welcome to Autism Blueprint’s Kitchen Table Talk- a series of episodes where my husband, Joe, and I will be sharing some of our experiences living with autism over a cup of coffee at our kitchen table with you. So pull up a chair and join us.
In this episode we will be talking about:
- Our new podcasting equipment; and discovering how to use it as we go along.
- What we attribute our 25-year-long marriage to
- The changes we’ve made in our household so we can be happier parents.
- Baseball, death, COVID, heart attacks and of course, autism.
Meet Janeen & Joe Herskovitz
If you’ve been listening to the podcast, you’ve met Janeen, (click here if you haven’t) but you may not be familiar with her husband of 25 years, Joe.
He’s been an autism dad for over 22 years, and is a retired Social Studies teacher with St. John’s County, Florida. He enjoys spending time with his family, playing ukulele, cooking, hitting golf balls in the backyard, and rooting for Philadelphia sports teams.
Joe & Janeen decided to start recording together after talking one day and wondering if their conversations could benefit other couples trying to navigate their own “new normal” in an autism household.
Mentioned on the podcast:
- Join the conversation in our private Facebook group: Our Autism Blueprint Private Facebook Page
- Pics of Ben drawing in the sand at the beach: